Thursday, February 26, 2009

FIRST ACCOMPLISHMENTS FOR THE YEAR

I have accomplished three things this week that I am pretty proud of: first one is, I sent my MS off to the Clendon Awards. I love receiving the feedback you get, it lets me know if I'm on the right track or not and gives me ideas of where I can improve things. The second is I have sent a query letter and synopsis off to Harlequin for the same MS. I'm crossing my fingers with that one that they like it as much as I do. And the third one is, this is my first post for the year. Hello again.

This week I am going to make up some fast-track word cards. Before I start on my next book I have decided to make up some cards with words I may need to express emotion, description, etc and their meanings, as I found it a pain in the butt when I'm in the middle of writing a great scene only to come to a screeching halt when I can't think of the right word to suit the situation.

Next I'm going to sit down and start seriously working on the plot line for the next book. At the moment it keeps changing as I'm trying to get to know what personality my heroine is going to have. I'm determined to make my next characters more stronger, more captivating. My hero is easy, he is known to be a womanizer. He makes it his personal mission to prove to my heroine that he can be a one woman man. My heroine has trust issues with men, especially when the two men she has trusted in her life have proven that they can't be trusted after all. At the young age of ten she caught her dad in bed with a woman that wasn't her mother. The one and only man she trusted with her heart, ended up cheating on her.

I have read several Nora Roberts books and love the way they make me feel like I'm watching a movie instead of reading a book. Her characters are so real. The way she describes them and their situations, I can imagine the scene as if I'm there with them. My goal as a writer is to write books that my readers can lose themselves in them, in the way Nora's books do with me.

All this I am going to start after a day shopping with my mother.

1 comment:

Sandra T said...

Angela, I'm so glad to see you did come back to the blog. Sorry it took me so long to look! And as usual, you wrote a great post, sharing what you're doing and how you feel about it all. Fantastic. Keep it up.